Ms. Claramargaret H. Groover & Mr. John Manning, PE, CCM present on what happens once subpoenaed. Ms. Groover has been a featured speaker at professional and industry groups on topics such as insurance and surety bonding, contracting, value engineering, partnering, and resolving construction defects during ongoing operations including, “Transition from In-house Counsel to Private Practice” – ABA Forum on Construction Law – Nashville, Tennessee – April 2016; “Lessons Learned from Troubled Projects - Completing Your Project Successfully or Salvage Operation” Part I – Construction Management Association of America – Capital Projects Symposium – Austin, Texas – May 2016; “Lessons Learned from Troubled Projects – How to Triage a Troubled Project” Part II – CMAA National Conference – San Diego, California October 2016 ; Florida Bar Contractor’s University – Licensing, Close-out, Liquidated Damages, to name a few.
John R. Manning P.E., CCM, LEED AP
Principal for KMI International specializing in Project Management and Construction Consulting. Mr. Manning serves on the National Board of Directors for CMAA since 2015. He also currently serves on the Professional Development Committee and the Standards of Practice Committee on the National Level. He has testified as a Expert Witness in both Federal and State Courts in matters involving Construction issues. He has been a speaker at CMAA National and Capital Symposium Conferences on a variety of topics include:
- 2009 – Going Green to Get the Goal without Legal Downsides
- 2010 – Managing the LEED process as a Construction Manager
- 2011 – The Construction Manager as a Facilitator in Dispute Resolution
- 2012 – Construction Management – Proactive Leadership
- 2013 – Construction Litigation – Are You Prepared?
- 2014 - Are Your Risk Management Processes Sufficient for the Life of the Project?
- 2016 – Lessons Learned in Turning Around Troubled Projects